Monday, May 20, 2013

A Change of Tide

Birthday Girl

For a little while, I was doing pretty good there about making this a fashion blog but then that started to fade out. The next thing I know I am reverting to just taking pretty photos again! I'm just being honest, I am not as interested in documenting daily outfits. Not saying I am going to give up fashion blogging completely (you may see some outfit posts occasionally).  Instead, I would rather use my time hunting down "too pretty to wear everyday" dresses that are only good for one thing: photos. I love clothes, shoes, jewelry, and all that girly stuff, but dreamy and flowy dresses rules my closet!

It's all because I love mixing ethereal, dreamy (and impractical) dresses with pretty landscapes and scenery. This makes up a big part of my photographic DNA. So, yes guys, this blog is going to see more of that style again with lifestyle updates here and there. That's just what I am better at! I love casual wear fashion but at the end of the day I'm a daydreamer that likes to make pretty images come to life in my photos.

These photos were taken yesterday...on my birthday. I wasn't so excited to mention that part. Even though I am a year older, I actually didn't want my birthday to end. I felt so much love from people in my life. My husband treated me like a spoiled queen, more than usual. We ate at Cheesecake's on my birthday's eve. We took home some cheesecake (I got the chocolate mousse and hubs got the Godiva). I ate the cheesecake in bed on my birthday morning for breakfast which resulted in chocolate stains on my sheets, probably a detail I should leave out but I tend to overshare, always. We went to church and then we took a 3 hour nap afterwards! Not really my birthday request but more of my tired hubby's idea but as the birthday girl I approved of this. Then we went to a daisy field and took photos and went for a little walk on an overgrown and dilapidated golf course. Then we went home and microwaved some dinner because I wasn't going to cook dinner on my birthday! So, that's my special day. Simple but a lovely birthday nevertheless.

Birthday Girl
Birthday Girl
Birthday Girl

7 comments:

  1. Inspiring photos:)
    Btw.Your blog is very interesting,maybe we could follow each other?
    Just let Me know:)
    Ada

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing photos!, i love all the depth of field, it makes the photos looks like a soft dream!. ohh, and about the blog, i think your blog i just perfect still if you taking pretty photos or talking about it,it just makes your blog to be unique and different!.

    anyway, have a great truesday hannah!

    http://herlifeinstyle.blogspot.com



    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated birthday. Gorgeous shots, and the fun in blogging is that you can do whatever you want!
    Simona
    www.lakenmoon.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous dress! And those photos are amazing! :)
    Maybe you might consider following each other on GFC and Bloglovin? I will wait for you on my blog!

    callmemaddie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That dress is amazing, the details are insane. Great shots and awesome photography!

    xx
    www.wickedtides.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy belated birthday-girl!
    I too have been struggling with formatting my posting.
    I'm thinking I am just going to call it a lifestyle blog
    and do as you said share some life details, with some outfits, pretty things and I'll add some day dreams, an occasional recipe or work of art and call it a day. Anyway I love your style- just beautiful!
    Thanks so much for your comment on my blog, I'm happy to have discovered your blog.
    I'm now your newest follower! I hope you'd enjoy following me as well.

    Best,
    icantaffordmylifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiul pics! Love the first photo! Check out my last blog post... and what do you think... do you wanna follow each other?www.styleofdarina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your feel good comment!
* If you are a new follower, let me know so I can check out your blog too.