Sunday, September 23, 2012

Welcome To The Jungle

Shefflera Trees
              Yes, those are trees in my house...Everyone else is doing Fall decorations and here I am bringing in trees in my house. I told you I am not a Fall person! My mind is on Summer all year round! Trees and flowers; greenery and bright colors; beach vacations and tanning. That's what I like! Not drab mustards and oranges or dying things and plants. I don't know if its a genetics thing, with me being from some tropical island in the Philippines. But Fall just does not excite me that much. Ok...Fall is really not that bad. And I actually like the mustard color leaves turn in to (it reminds me of summer a litte). I'm being a little dramatic.
         But back to the trees though. I've made it clear on this blog that I am a big nature lover. So, indoor trees is just the coolest thing to me! If I had enough sunlight in my house, it would look like a jungle. It's already starting to. But the lighting in my house has its limits. So, if you are thinking about bringing in plants and trees to your house, please consider how much sunlight you have in your house! It's a big must! I am pleading with you to not be a plant killer, as I have been in the past. But I'm a changed person now. Promise!
         
FYI: Pottery is expensive! But I was able to cut the costs by more than half by buying the pottery from some discount store called Ollie's. If they don't have this store where you are from, try Wal-Mart. They were just the cheap terracotta types but then I just spray painted it with white gloss spray paint. This is the one I used from Lowes: Click Here. I spent around $25 for both pottery including the spray paint. It would have cost me over $70 if I had bought it non-discounted!
Also, if you are just as crazy about indoor trees as me, (if that's even possible) check out these links:
* I swooned over these indoor citrus trees! Not only are they trees but they yield fruit: Click Here.
*And here's a link for a DIY on indoor citrus trees: Click here.


1 comment:

  1. I must confess the trees look incredibly good there! loved the chalendier too. You have talent for decor :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your feel good comment!
* If you are a new follower, let me know so I can check out your blog too.