Friday, September 21, 2012

Is She or Isn't She?

       Is it the beginning of an obsession to watch "Breakfast At Tiffany's" two nights in a row? I've seen it before, years ago. But then I watched it again last night (and again tonight and ummm maybe tomorrow night?). It was better than the first time for me. And now I can't stop thinking about it! I even took a stab at playing "Moon River" on the piano. Hence, this video. I rarely play the piano for the public...I'm not that good at it and even if I was, I've kinda got a jitter problem. Doing videos definitely gives me less jitters though.
        I apologize for being a late bloomer on the topic of Breakfast at Tiffany's. Better late than never, right? But for all of you fans out there what did you like about the movie? Audrey's LBDs in this movie inspires many around Halloween time (and it's almost that time). Foreshadowing my Halloween costume maybe? For me, I was pretty impressed by the dialogue just as much as Holly Golightly's glamourous ensembles. The line that stood out to me the most from this movie was from Holly's agent (or shall I say pimp?). "Is she or isn't she? A phony?" This struck a chord for me and here I am evaluating if Holly is indeed a phony.
       The best method I have found for understanding people (and characters) is just put yourself in their shoes. So, I tried wondering if people question the same thing about me (sure they do!). And when I did that, I totally get it now! Have you ever felt you were fooling the world sometimes? Are you trying to make people think you are something that you are not? Do you put on a smile even though the world is falling apart around you? Sometimes, I feel like I do this. But I don't think of myself a phony! In fact, I like to think that I am a very genuine peson. I'm just a girl that wants to be happy and be the best person I can be. And sometimes, I am not all that good at doing that and others get hurt or I don't progress.
         So, is Holly a phony guys? She is always so happy and kind to all of the "gentlemen" and her "beaus". Despite that some of the guys stalk her and bang on her apartment door, she is always so gracious towards them (I would not be so tolerant). But deep down she is a frightened girl that doesn't know who she is. Yet, she is always so chatty, chirpy, and charismatic. This is a lesson I have learned from the pretty and glamorous Ms Holly Golightly. Despite what's going on around us or in us, we should always be happy. And is that being a phony? Well, if so, I would rather be a happy phony person than a genuinely grouchy person!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feel good comment!
* If you are a new follower, let me know so I can check out your blog too.