Monday, September 10, 2012

Ballerina Bun

DSC_1151


Let's talk about buns! Not the edible kind or the kind some of us like to give little pinches on our husbands (or am I alone in that department?). I'm talking about the hairstyle that makes us all feel as graceful as a ballerina, or at least just look like one. True story, while working at SAKS, one day I was donning one of these buns and I had a sweet elderly lady ask me if I was a ballerina! And I don't think she was after my employee discount. It was one of the most memorable compliment I had ever recieved and I did twirls at my cash register for the rest of that day.


There is actually an art to buns. So, here are some videos of how to do 3 different types:


1.)This is my favorite! How to do a bun with socks...yes I did say socks. No typo there. Click here.


2.)A messy bun for those non-neat freaks. Click here.


3.)The sock bun with braids. Once you get the sock bun perfected why not add some intricacy with braids! Click here.


DSC_1161






DSC_1166




DSC_1170



1 comment:

Thank you for your feel good comment!
* If you are a new follower, let me know so I can check out your blog too.